Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Important]Our own server?

3 posters

Go down

[Important]Our own server? Empty [Important]Our own server?

Post by >MF< Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

Kay guys, here's the deal. I've been thinking about getting us our own server with EOreality (No Multiplay for hipster reasons ;3). CI's server has been fine for me, and I really appreciate we were able to use one of Lizard's servers to play all our matches, but lots of people are getting lag on it and not being able to add something myself to the server is really not that optimal.

Now why haven't I done this already you might ask, well the thing is I personally don't really have that much money to spend right now. Here's where all of you come in:
My idea was to get some kind of donation thing going, tho I'm pretty hesitant to ask people for donations since everyone here is playing for fun and I can imagine people being hesitant about donating as well. Still I'd like to give it a go, so I've decided to raise some money from people here and when we don't have enough in about 2 weeks I will pay for the rest of it myself.

So how's this gonna work?
If you want to donate, first of all you'll need a paypal account. The collecting tool we're gonna use pretty much only supports Paypal and I think some people here already have a Paypal so that isn't gonna be much of an issue.
The money will be collected through something called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The way this I've set up a ChipIn Widget and through this you'll be able to donate from your Paypal account. It has a limit of how much I'm gonna raise and how long the widget's gonna stay up. When the widget's ending (or when we have enough, if that's any sooner) I will withdraw the collected money from the widget to my own paypal account and I'll make the purchase @ EOreality. All personal information will be kept off the forums.
If you still got any questions about how this is gonna work, just ask and I'll try to answer them more clearly Smile.

Why should you donate?
- When I get the server I will hand out the rcon pass to whoever wants it so anyone will be able to make use of it. I will do most of the server admin stuffs since I kinda wanna get into that kind of work.
- Eternal gratitude and a better start of the upcoming TF2 competitive seasons! Very Happy
Other then that, I'm afraid I can't offer much to the people who have donated, other then simply a (hopefully better and stable) server. If you got any suggesting of anything I could do to return a favour I'll be glad to hear it Smile. Something like handing out a few keys a month to people who have donated etc.

In-depth stuff
The idea is to get a server with EOreality. What we'll be getting is:
-FPS unlocked to 250FPS
-SourceTV Enabled
-Low Latency Module
-Realtime Scheduler
-Serverside Booster
-Optimized Memory Copies
-Vsyscall Support
-Memory Locking Support
So the server should have STV and we'll be getting 20 slots so we can have at least someone spectating a match if that situation should come up.
Server will be located in London, UK so I think everyone's pings will be fine.

What we're looking at here is gonna cost us about €66,- (with the extv coupon ;D) for half a year, but since ChipIn doesn't support Euros we'll probably have to pay in Dollars. You don't need to worry about this, since I'll be covering the extra costs if there will be any.

Other useful info
As I said, I created a ChipIn widget right [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I have no idea how to put this on the forums, forgive my noobness, maybe someone can give me a hand here?). Just click on the ChipIn! button, fill in how much you want to donate and your paypal info and done!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you got any further questions, please just ask. I hope we can raise a good ammount and thanks in advance,

MF

>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Kudos : 45766

Back to top Go down

[Important]Our own server? Empty Re: [Important]Our own server?

Post by BG-0 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 am

So if we want a server now, do we need to have that 66€ collected already? Or do we get time to pay the bill? Just curious. Will be chipping in as much as I can, but don't yet know the financial situation for the next four years until Sept. or so.
BG-0
BG-0
Girly-haired SpyMedic
Girly-haired SpyMedic

Kudos : 39788

Back to top Go down

Post by >MF< Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 am

Well, you can choose between monthly payments, half yearly payments and yearly payments, but you need to pay before you get a server Smile. So yea, we'll need the €66 now.
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piddox Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 pm

I really support this idea, the CI's server has been lagging quite badly at times. I will to contribute as well, the amount depending on how many people here are also willing to donate.
Piddox
Piddox

Kudos : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by >MF< Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Just an update, the ChipIn widget's going to expire this friday.
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down