Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MF speech/Future plans

+3
Fred
Meh
>MF<
7 posters

Go down

MF speech/Future plans Empty MF speech/Future plans

Post by >MF< Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

Hai everyone,

As you might know, we just finished our last match of the Wireplay TF2 HL season. We scored a shared 4th place in Division 3, which is a pretty nice achievement in my books. I'd like to thank everyone in this team, but also all the people who ever merc'd for us (thought they probably won't read this, but w/e :3) for their wonderful effort to make this one of the best half years of my life. I don't want to dwell on this for too long, and I don't want this to sound like a farewell, so I'll just leave it at that. The people that have meant a lot to me the last couple of months know this, and I make sure to let them know this in the best way I can.

Now onto something more aimed at the future. As I mentioned before, we finished Wireplay for this summer, that means we're pretty much done until one of the other seasons (ETF2L/UGC) starts in...September/October-ish somewhere. I've been thinking a bit about this the last few days and discussed it with a few people. I pretty much had 2 options:
- Keep on going, no break whatsoever and try to schedule a lot of scrims in our downtime.
- Take a break, everyone will let go of the stress of being here with pretty much the same people every week

I think we should take a break for now. Let people do their own thing for a while, no stress, no restrictions to anything, to get back together when the new seasons are being announced.
That way we can take everything easy, people can take their time deciding if they want to continue with this team or if they're gonna find their happiness/funz0rs somewhere else and just rest in general. Nothing personal here, and not gonna call any names, but I've noticed some tensions and I think this is the perfect time to just take a break from each other and then come back better then ever. This brings me to a next point:

If we keep the attitude up of the last few weeks, and everyone (who's still in the team by that time, I hope everyone of course =3) is willing to improve, willing to get better after every game...I think we might be able to cruise along in Div 4 in ETF2L. It's gonna be hard, and the process of improving is gonna be stressful but I really think we can do this. I'd like some thoughts on this.

So, to wrap things up:
Thanks for playing, I think it's time for a little break, but we'll be back and stronger then ever for the next 'serious' season!
I have also heard from some people they're not really sure they want to continue this, for those people: think about it some more during our downtime and give me your definite answers when you're sure of what you want to do.
Other then that I'd like everyone to comment on this, to me personal or on this topic or on the group whatever, on your thoughts on the break/div 4 idea/other things you'd like to say.

It's been a pleasure playing with every single one of you and I'll hopefully keep in contact with all of you during our break.

Your tryhard pyro leader-wannabe who's still got a lot to learn,

MF
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Kudos : 45766

Back to top Go down

MF speech/Future plans Empty Re: MF speech/Future plans

Post by Meh Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm

I really really want to play highlanders with you guys, all i need to do is kill this guy called Time who stops me. Having only ½ the time to play and also having another 20 people from different groups who i like wanting me to play this and that with them, makes it so hard. I've tried making ST #1 priority for the most parts, but it got pretty hard because of 2 things:
- I figured out that i am quite amazing at LoL
- I needed a break.

Now, the 2nd of September my dad moves out of the country which means i will be living with my mom fulltime and therefore on computer all the time. This means i just might have enough time for the countless LoL games i am being begged to play with old friends, and practice for some highlanders, but i must admit there's some things that has anoyed a great deal.

It seems sometimes that the level of ambition is so different, and that can be quite frustrating if your ambitions are higher than the rest, now i haven't been playing with you guys for quite a while so i don't know how things are at the moment, but i remember some cases where some people would just turn up and play team fortress for the first time that day, when the game was starting. You could see the difference as first 2-3 rounds was lost instantly and then we won the next couple. Had the people warmed up those would've been easy victories.

The other part is the whole sub part. Now i have some very laidback parents which means i can sometimes sacrifice dinner and such to be ready for games, but when i am suddenly not even needed for the game, it's anoying as shit having made quite an effort being able to be there. That's also part reason why i was thinking of leaving to become a main, but to be fair, you guys are probably the best team for me out there at the moment, so i guess i might still be okay with being sub.

My point with this is that it seemed to be subs in scrims then the normal line up in matches or the other way around which was stupid as fuck. The wrong people was training for a game they weren't going to play. /rant end.

Besides that, i have a had a blast with you guys, you're all amazingly fun and very good at highlanders, i just sometimes wish you would take things the extra notch up so improvement is faster. Hope to see you all soon again.

(PS: MF get to speaking like a boss :3)
Meh
Meh

Kudos : 32149

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am

I'd definitely be around to aim for div 4 if my services are needed! There's definitely the potential to do so here, just that we eh... use the first match as warmup a bit too often, like meh stated. Very Happy

I don't have much else to say, except that this team really relighted the tf2 flame in me, just coming out from my fav server getting depopulated. "Good times."

This means i just might have enough time for the countless LoL games
Are you playing on the EUNE server or what ?_?
Fred
Fred
Mentor

Kudos : 38934

http://www.pallkarsia.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ling-Ling Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 am

As I told >MF< already, I think a break is a good idea. There's a reason why there are no competetive seasons during summer breaks.

I am however still up for scrims (if time allows me), but not every week. In my opinion, we should enjoy a little break so we can come back stronger next season.
Ling-Ling
Ling-Ling
Mentor

Kudos : 33510

Back to top Go down

Post by Meh Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:17 am

Fred wrote:
Are you playing on the EUNE server or what ?_?

Nope, but i never added you with my main account which i am playing on.
Meh
Meh

Back to top Go down

Post by Piddox Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:54 am

A break sounds like a good plan, since it's harder to everyone together over the summer.

I am still ambitious to play competitively with you guys, so stepping up our game to div 4 sounds awesome. It will require discipline but I'm up for it!
Piddox
Piddox

Kudos : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 am

Meh wrote:Nope, but i never added you with my main account which i am playing on.
I'm not cool enough D:
Fred
Fred
Mentor

Kudos : 38934

http://www.pallkarsia.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Meh Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 am

Fred wrote:
Meh wrote:Nope, but i never added you with my main account which i am playing on.
I'm not cool enough D:
You're too cool Cool
If you want to add it, it's SeñorMeh
I won't be able to play any LoL before 29th July though
Meh
Meh

Back to top Go down

Post by dok Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 am

I'm happy for the break, going to be home in a couple weeks and scrims will be almost unplayable because my internet's so bad. Leaving for school at the end of August.

This has been a fun season though, when I saw div 3 I'll admit I was a bit intimidated, but we had some truly awesome games. So, I'm all set for a break and tryharding in the fall!
dok
dok
Heavy Weapons Doktor, Mentor
Heavy Weapons Doktor, Mentor

Kudos : 34941

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie-ro Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am

My opinion: break is a good idea, and i shall be there for more, i really enjoy playing with you guys, and if you still want me , even if i sometimes rage like hell i want to be here.
Pinkie Pie-ro
Pinkie Pie-ro

Kudos : 4015

Back to top Go down

Post by >MF< Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 am

Gonna admit, I was scared to check back on this topic so I haven't been here the last few days but this definitely made me feel better. Thanks guys, and I still agree with most of what Meh said bout the different ambitions, tho I think that's been a bit better in Wireplay at least.

(Also I missed you today on steam, saw you shot me a message, I'll get back to you when you're back on again Smile.

Appreciate the responses guys!
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Kudos : 45766

Back to top Go down

Post by Meh Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Might as well announce it since it seems to be a reality.

GM has asked me to be come their Team captain. That would mean i'd have to devote 100% time to that project and making everything work there, which of course also means that i can't really stay a sub for ST.

I'll still try to drop by mumble once in a while and hopefully we can get some scrims going between the two team. I have a lot of work to do there first though, i need to pick out teams and everything. I'll probably know more after my trip to Iceland (Back 28th if anyone should be wondering).

Lastly i would like to thank everyone from ST who has helped me at some point and i have had a ton of fun with you guys. MF I might need some help with administrating everything at some point as you have been so boss at it, so you'll be my mentor Razz Hopefully this means that i might be able to become a full time player as soon as i go fulltime at my moms. (they're kind of lacking a demo imo.)
Meh
Meh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum