Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pootis Mentoring Here

5 posters

Go down

Pootis Mentoring Here Empty Pootis Mentoring Here

Post by dok Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

Ok, so you're new to being mentored, we're new to mentoring, no one knows how this should work! To keep things from being too confusing, I'm going to lay out some of the simple stuff here.

Who We Are:

MF wrote:Hey there!
A little introduction from my part: I'm >MF<, or MF whatever you prefer ;3, ST's rather quiet pyro.
I'm from The Netherlands, 18 years old (shortly 19), not a fan of talking but I make up for it in text sometimes (I hope Very Happy)!

I've been playing TF2 highlander for about half a year now, I initially started playing TF2 in the summer of 2010 and around...october 2011 I think
I decided to form a team together with some friends and some of their friends!
Hence, Spawn Together (ST) was born and we entered our first Highlander league. Since then
we've played in various leagues, namely ETF2L Division 6 (2 seasons), UGC Steel Division and Wireplay Division 3.
I hope I'll be able to answer all (or most of them at least) of your questions about TF2/Highlander/Other stuff that you want to know
and I hope I can teach you something useful in these upcoming weeks!

dok wrote:I'm dok, I decided to main medic about a week after I started playing tf2, when I watched my first competitive stream and I realised how much strategy goes into the class. Little did I know how much stress there'd be as well. I'm the team's main caller, and I try to keep things running smoothly during matches and between them.

I love the strategic side of highlander, but I'm also fond of relaxing and killing. I play a lot of heavy to destress, and I'd love to be the team's main heavy, but MF keeps refusing my requests for a transfer. ALso, I just realised I'm an hour and a half away from 500 hours as medic. So... I guess I don't offclass all that much.

I'm happy to be bugged with questions pretty much any time, just don't mind me being slow to answer if I'm ingame or otherwise (easily) distracted!

Oh, and at some point you'll probably figure out that I have boobs. Don't worry, it's probably not catching.

I'm going to encourage the other ST members who want to be most involved with the mentoring to post about themselves to this topic as well. This... may or may not result in further information!

Who Are You?

The more we know about you, the more we can do for you, mentoring wise. Take some time to let us know, either here on the forums on over steam, what you would like to get out of this. If you would like individual help in your class, the sooner we know, the better. If you feel good about your playing and just want to know more of the highlander game, we are always available for strategy talks and explainations of stuff like why everyone always stands around on the cliffs on badwater. We've spent a lot of time on this stuff, and we like our random knowledge to be useful, so always feel free to ask!

Aside from that, we should try to schedule an early practice/get to know each other night, not to scrim officially, but to run around the server, chat some, shoot at each other, and maybe do a few lobbies. To make things a little simpler for your team's new leader, we'll also invite you to a steam group for the team.

The Technical Stuff:

You've already got JR's mumble information, but we have one as well. It's pretty quiet most days, but feel free to drop in. It'll also be what we use for any official mentoring sessions/business. This is our info.

mbl3.gameservers.com
port: 10066

We also have our own server, which will be available for practicing, lobbying, and pretty much anything else you can think of.

195.242.213.105:27214
password: tospawn

It's often used for lobbies in the evenings, but if you want to practice check with MF or I, and we can set it up for you if it's free.
dok
dok
Heavy Weapons Doktor, Mentor

Kudos : 34941

Back to top Go down

Pootis Mentoring Here Empty Re: Pootis Mentoring Here

Post by buzz092 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 am

Hello, I posted in the steam thingy but I'll post it here as well!

Hey guys, pleased to sta- I mean meet you!

Nationality: British
What I do for living: Student
Hours in TF2: 1,527.1 hrs
Class in équipe and hours: Spy, 257.1 hrs
Mic: Yes
Mumble: Yes
Mic Usage: Reporting kills and enemy medigun and %. I also play a lot of medic so am able to be a main caller when needed.
Competetive Experience: Lots of lobbies and I've been with Team Awesome's second team for a while now. We made it to the semis of the last RRR. Since the rule for the RRR is that there can only be one team entered per clan, the first team is playing in the RRR and the second team can't, so I'm free to join another team as an individual.

tl;dr You have a pretty experienced spy playing for you :-)
buzz092
buzz092
Team équipe

Kudos : 1

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xatm092

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

I'm demo and im retart- I meant, I am derp.

YEYE

I've been around since somewhere around the WAR! update, though started HL comp at the same time as MF. I'll probably have a low'ish profile in mentoring unless my gnarliness is called for, but we'll see.
Fred
Fred
Mentor

Kudos : 38934

http://www.pallkarsia.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ling-Ling Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello. Ling-Ling here, but I guess you probably already know me, sort of... Uh so, the thing is, I have a lot of rocketspam experience, and I'm considered to be pretty good at it. Well, I guess you've seen me. You know, when I was attacking you? Uh, yeah, I guess I should apologize for that But anyway, I'm good now. I mean, I thought I was good before, but now I realize I was bad but anyway... I think it's time I joined your group and taught the Avatar firebending.
Ling-Ling
Ling-Ling
Mentor

Kudos : 33510

Back to top Go down

Post by dok Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 am

Ling-Ling wrote:Hello. Ling-Ling here, but I guess you probably already know me, sort of...

Goddammit Ling-Ling, stop thinking everyone knows you! I told you it's a sign of one of your types of craziness, not a real thing! You are not an internationally known firebending master!
dok
dok

Kudos : 34941

Back to top Go down

Post by Aziel Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 am

Hi I've been playing tf2 on and off since around the scout update, played various classes but I quite enjoy playing scout.

First got into comp play in irc sixes mixes at #mpuktf2.pixel

In my spare time I do mixes, doublemixes, ctf_ballin, soap dm and rarely the odd jump map.
Aziel
Aziel
Baller, Mentor

Kudos : 12081

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum