Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrim/Match configs that might be useful!

5 posters

Go down

Scrim/Match configs that might be useful! Empty Scrim/Match configs that might be useful!

Post by Neko Sat May 19, 2012 10:33 am

Class: Demoman
Download
Launch Options: Launch Options: -dxlevel 81 -sw -w 1680 -h 1050 -console -noborder -nojoy -noipx -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -refresh 120 -high

Note
: delete the "-w 1680" and "-h 1050" for the config not to mess up.
Install method: Just place the "cfg" foldier into your stemaccountname/tf2/tf and allow it to overwrite.

Class: Soldier (pocket or whatever)
Download
Launch Options: -freq 120 -dxlevel 80 -w 1680 -h 1050 -console -nojoy -noipx -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd

Note
: delete the "-w 1680" and "-h 1050" so that the config won't mess up.
Install method: Just place the "cfg" foldier into your stemaccountname/tf2/tf and allow it to overwrite.

Class: Scout
Download
Launch Options: -novid -full -w 1024 -h 768 -console -freq 120 -noforcemaccel -noforecemspd -noforcemparm -noipx -dxlevel 91
Note: Resize the screen manually ingame or delete the "w- 1024" and "-h 768"

Download [2]
Launch Options: Launch Options: -nojoy -w 1680 -h 1050 -window -noborder -noipx -high -novid
Note: Delete the "-w 1680" and "-h 1050" so that the config won't mess up.

Class: Medic
Download
-novid -refresh 120 -noborder

Source and more information (I suggest you read it): x6 config packs
Neko
Neko
Site Admin

Kudos : 36365

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrdinner

Back to top Go down

Scrim/Match configs that might be useful! Empty Re: Scrim/Match configs that might be useful!

Post by dok Sat May 19, 2012 10:42 am

These are neat, but a word of warning. If you have any config settings of your own, this will overwrite them and destroy your own config. Might be better as something to study to learn about another config from rather than directly download and install.

In the case of resolutions, inserting your own in place of the ones in the launch options would be best. -h being your screen's height, and -w being width.

Last edited by dok on Sat May 19, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
dok
dok
Heavy Weapons Doktor, Mentor
Heavy Weapons Doktor, Mentor

Kudos : 34941

Back to top Go down

Scrim/Match configs that might be useful! Empty Re: Scrim/Match configs that might be useful!

Post by >MF< Sat May 19, 2012 11:14 am

I'll post my Pyro config, if people want to know what I play with:

Code:

// Quickchop
// While held: equip the axe and attack
// On release: switch back to previous weapon
alias axe "use tf_weapon_fireaxe"
alias +usemelee "axe; +attack"
alias -usemelee "-attack; lastinv"

// Bind weapons to the mouse buttons
bind MOUSE4 +usemelee
bind mwheelup "slot1"
bind mwheeldown "slot2; attack"

(Too lazy to make a download or anything)
Located in:
Program Files\Steam\steamapps\STEAMACCOUNTNAME\team fortress 2\tf\cfg

And then just open up and edit pyro.cfg. BEWARE, if you edit one config it'll çarry over to all the other classes.
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Kudos : 45766

Back to top Go down

Post by Ling-Ling Sat May 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Most things depend on your own rig, so except for 'shortcut' binds, using someone elses config can hurt more than it helps.

I'll post some of my scriptstuff tomorrow.
Ling-Ling
Ling-Ling
Mentor

Kudos : 33510

Back to top Go down

Post by Neko Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm using the demoman one myself (Kalkin's own config) and it has slightly increased my gameplay a lot (no wonder, I used to play with the normal settings LOL)

Anyway, I hope these might be useful for whoever is missing an config Smile
Neko
Neko
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ling-Ling Sat May 19, 2012 9:02 pm

What do you mean, play with normal settings?

Also the null-cancelling movement script is very useful.

Edit: http://www.freefrag.com/team-fortress-2/11424-cl_interp-you.html
Some info about networksettings. Although some numbers seem odd, you might want to know the reasoning behind it.
Ling-Ling
Ling-Ling
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neko Sun May 20, 2012 2:33 am

Ling-Ling wrote:What do you mean, play with normal settings?

Scrim/Match configs that might be useful! Team-fortress-2-mac

I ment I used to play like this in matches/scrims ^

Lol ikr?

Also the null-cancelling movement script is very useful.

Edit: http://www.freefrag.com/team-fortress-2/11424-cl_interp-you.html
Some info about networksettings. Although some numbers seem odd, you might want to know the reasoning behind it.

Just check out the x6 forums instead, I just copy-pasted this here to make it easier to download. I have no experience with configs whatsoever, so I recommend just checking the site out instead.
Neko
Neko
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by >MF< Sun May 20, 2012 3:07 am

Hey! I play like that D:
>MF<
>MF<
Site Admin

Kudos : 45766

Back to top Go down

Post by Ling-Ling Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm

There's nothing wrong with that, as long as your fov is maxed for maximum view (not the viewmodel one).

As I said before, you should find out what's best for you. Using a config from a pro does not make you one. Like I would be nothing with TLR's config becuase I have a different mouse, internet connection, monitor, ...

The only things that may help is fiddling with all those lagcompensation things, trying some things without viewmodels and crosshairs (to clear your screen, but this means it would make airblasting rockets and such twice as hard for >MF<), the general tips (scouts have slow sens for tracking, soldiers higher sens so they can turn around faster) and 'shortcuts' (>MF<'s quickchop script, null-cancelling movement script). But even then, try to find something that works for you, not copy something that works for someone else.

However, it's nice to know how other people do it, and you may learn a new thing or two.
Ling-Ling
Ling-Ling
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neko Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 am

Ling-Ling wrote:Using a config from a pro does not make you one.

Did I ever say that? no. I simply just shared these configs for people to use on behalf of their own. Don't want/like either of the configs? then don't download/use them, it's that simple.
Neko
Neko
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brentolinni Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 am

I've downloaded one of the configs and it rebinded almost all keys. Not a fan of that. mfw spacebar is attack2.
Though the removed gibs, better visible teleporters and nicer sounding hitsounds is something I'll keep.
Brentolinni
Brentolinni
Donator / Fucking awesome
Donator / Fucking awesome

Kudos : -4983921

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down